Welcome to my website.
My name is Pouria Nazemi and I am a freelance science journalist based in Montreal, Canada.
I studied Pure mathematics in Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran and now I am an MA candidate at Concordia University in “Digital Innovations in Journalism Studies.”
I write mostly in Farsi that you can find them on my Farsi homepage.
If you are interested to know more about me here are some backgrounds:
- Science Journalist / Science Communicator /Public lecturer
- News Editor & Columnist at “NOJUM” (Persian Astronomy) Monthly Magazine, Since 2000
- Science Editor & Manager of Science Desk at Jame-Jam Daily newspaper, 2001-2011
- Founder and Editor in Chief of “SIB,” Science and Technology Weekly, 2007-2009
- Columnist at “DANESTANIHA,” Persian Language Popular Science bi-weekly, Since 2009
- Writer and Presenter at “Aseman-e-Shab” (Sky of Night), Weekly Astronomy Live TV Show, Broadcasted on IRIB 4. 2001 – Present
- Researcher and Science Writer at “FORJE,” Weekly Live TV Scientific Talk Show, Broadcasted by IRIB 4, 2005-2007
- Columnist at Hamshahri online school of journalism (Hamshahritraining.ir), 2009 – 2016
- Producer and Presenter of In These Nights weekly astronomy and space webcast in Persian (http://www.youtube.com/pnazemi)
- Writer at Astronomie-Quebec Online Magazine (http://astronomie.quebec/)
- Consultant at Sina Press (Iranian Science News Agency): www.sinapress.ir (2012-2018)
- Guest Science Commentator – BBC Persian
- Co-founder and Co-Host of “Project RAZ” – Persian Language Science and Technology Sci-Tech and Future Webcast: Projectraz.com
- Co-Organizer and instructor of Media Literacy workshop for psychotherapy residency students (Iran- Alame-Tabatabie University – 2016)
- Co-Organizer and instructor of Media Literacy workshop for cognitive scientists (the Institute for Cognitive Science Studies –ICSS- 2016)
- A former manager at Amateur Committee of Iranian Astronomy Society. / Founder of Sufi Observing Competition
- Astronomy teacher (Zaferaniye Observatory, Astronomy Olympiad, etc.)